Execute script on ACPI resume

With APM I could execute a script on resume by placing a symlink to it in /etc/apm/resume.d/, /etc/rc*.d/ style.

I can find no documentation on what events ACPI specifies. As best as I can tell, the only available method is to perform the ACPI action that would cause the intended event, and then read /var/log/acpid to determine the name to use in the /etc/acpi/ handler.

I need to restart /etc/init.d/hotplug on resume from suspend-to-disk to pickup my USB mouse.

However, executing a suspend-to-disk and subsequent resume leaves no messages in my /var/log/acpid.

Has anyone else figured this out?

Maybe we can find the string constants in the kernel source?

dircha