Re: List based subject line

On 27 May 2004, Larry Colen wrote:
> I use this account for all my linux related mailing lists. All of the
> lists but this one have the list name at the start of the subject:
> ie.
> Subject: [debian-laptop] list based subject line
>
> I'd like to propose that this list do so as well. I can't be the only
> person who would find it a lot easier to sort out their mail (and get
> rid of spam) if this were done.

    Here's a nickle kid, go buy yourself a real mail filter.

Seriously, if you want to filter the list traffic out from the rest of
your mail, filter based on, say, the To and CC headers, or the List-Id
header.

There are plenty of marks in there that let you reliably filter out
mailing lists without needing the visual distraction of sticking the
list name in before the actual content of the subject.

If the problem is that your mail reader doesn't deal with multiple
folders, or whatever, then there are plenty of other options out there
in Debian that will do just fine...

   Daniel
--
If a joke is worth telling, it's worth telling once.
        -- Ollie MacNoonan