Re: inspiron 8100 and debian woody

Hi all,

Karen Loiselet wrote:

Hi all,
after a successful installation of debian on an old desktop k6-2 I decide to migrate my inspiron 8100 laptop to debian (currently I run mandrake). But now I have some freeze problems during installation procedure. I've googlelised and read linux-laptop with the only result of booting with bf24 noapic video16:off but this still doesn't work. Anybody have encounter the same problem and find a solution?
Yes, i had the same problem. Try wit "bf24 noacpi" and should gone good.

If you try with new sarge installer, you must start with option "hw-detect/start_pcmcia=false".

If you know spanish language, you can read a draft about install woody in a i81k here:

http://www.mucharuina.com/linux/instalando.html

But, you should know that there many bugs in these page ^_^

Thanks to all
Karen

Sorry about my deficient english, i hope that you can understand me.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.