hdd defragmentation / e2defrag

Hi again,

I also want to defrag my drive. When I ran e2defrag, it said the drive
should be unmounted (ok easy, I guess I'll need a bootdisk, I want to defrag
/dev/hda0) and also I'll have to run the bootloader configuration tool
because the image may have moved.

What does the latter part mean ? I thought the kernel image was just a file
and the bootloader lived in the MBR no matter what ? What is the magical
instruction to reconfigure lilo ? I don't want to screw the system up and
not be able to reboot (gasp).

Thanks !

--Stéphane