RE: hotplug error at boot time

Miky J wrote:
>  --- "Broughton, Derek"  a écrit : >
> > Miky J wrote:
> > >
> > > I tryed this solution but it didn't work.
> > > Actually my Intel wireless card seems to be pci
> > > when i added HOTPLUG_RC_pci=no I couldn't have my
> > card
> > > working anymore
> > > With HOTPLUG_RC_net=no
> > >
> > > Starting hotplug subsystem:
> > >    input
> > >    pci
> > >      ignore pci display device on 01:00.0
> > > ipw2100: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 Network
> > Driver,
> > > 0.41
> > > ipw2100: Copyright(c) 2003-2004 Intel Corporation
> > > Detected ipw2100 PCI device at 0000:02:0a.0, dev:
> > > eth1, mem:
> > > 0xC2005000-0xC2005FFF -> e08e6000, irq: 11
> > > Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
> > > Ignoring unknown interface eth1=hotplug.
> >
> > You were given the answer.  Do you expect somebody
> > else to do the work?
> >
> > Look at /etc/network/interfaces.  Look for hotplug.
> > Use common sense.
>
> I Have NO hotplug devices !!!!

Sure you have hotplug devices.  You've demonstrated that turning
off Hotplug for pci makes it stop working.

> The only way to make my driver work was to add hotplug
> support in my kernel, otherwise it just crashes.
> I don't expect someone to do the work but after
> numerous attempts, i'm asking on this list.
>
> here's the /etc/network/interfaces file
>
> auto eth1
> #iface eth1 inet dhcp
> iface eth1 inet static
> Maybe the hotplug reacts because of "auto" but it
> shouldn't or there might be a way to disable this behavior.

So google!  It didn't take me very long to find why hotplug handles the
"auto" device:

http://www.newsland.it/nr/article/linux.debian.devel/50512.html.

And what to do about it:

http://www.shallowsky.com/linux/networkSchemes.html