Sound, framebuffer and keyboard problems with a Toshiba 2410

Hi there,

I am a quite happy user of a toshiba 2410 under debian for more than a year now. Most things work quite well, but some don't, and I fail to see any way to resolve them on the internet. Mostly because of the great ACPI support, I am using a 2.6.4 kernel (standart sources from kernel.org, no patch). I have some problems, which can be annoying:

- I am using alsa for the sound. But there seems to be a problem: when the kernel modprobe the modules, it says something like

" MC'97 1 converters and GPIO not ready (0xf200)
Apr 27 08:54:05 gabou-laptop kernel: intel8x0_measure_ac97_clock: measured 49419 usecs
Apr 27 08:54:05 gabou-laptop kernel: intel8x0: clocking to 48000"

Does someone know what the first line means ?

- I am trying to use the framebuffer. I know it works, because when I tried a Gentoo, it booted in a nice 1024x768 console. Which modules do I have to use for that ? Last time I try nvidia.ko from the frame buffer modules directory, it stopped my laptop :( Can I use it with the binary-only driver ? (the open source driver seems to poorly support my chipset, which is a Geforce 4 for laptop)

   - I have a lot of messages like this one:

"Apr 27 09:19:25 gabou-laptop kernel: atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x39 on isa0060/serio0). Apr 27 09:19:25 gabou-laptop kernel: atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes 39 <keycode>' to make it known."

I know there is a problem with keyboard on Toshiba laptop, but didn't find anything useful on this error message, and if it appears while I am in a console (ie no in X), it can 'disable' the keyboard, which forces me to reboot the laptop :(

   Thank you very much,

   David