Re: madwifi + kismet

Am Mi, den 21.04.2004 schrieb Jochen Becker um 10:58:
> hello
>
> has anyone an atheros build in wlan card (e.g. my R50p IBM) running with
> the madwifi driver working with kismet or airsnort?
>
> which patches are needed ?

Hi Jochen,

no special patches are needed. I'm usin a R50p, too. It works fine.

You have to bring up your card into monitor mode yourself:

iwconfig ath0 mode monitor

(I think, you have brought up your card with

ifcaonfig ath0 up

anyway ;)

You must edit your /etc/kismet/kismet.conf:

source=generic,ath0,generic

airsnort will work with:

Network Device=ath0
Device Type=other

Happy sniffin' ;)

Greetz,
Andre

--
Chemiker sind die, die sich VOR dem Pinkeln die Haende waschen.