Re: IBM R40e: external USB floppy does not work

On 14 Apr 2004, davec@dircon.co.uk wrote:

> Uwe
>
> What messages do you get when you plug in the floppy?  Use dmesg to
> look at these if you are not sure where to find them.
>
> I have a TEAC USB floppy which is not yet supported.. I'm about to
> sell it to get one of the Mitsumi drives.
>
> Dave Cox

Hi Dave,

Thanks for you fast reply, I get something like

ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:02.0-1 address 3
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
ttyS0: LSR safety check engaged!
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
sr0: CDROM not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
hub.c: new USB device 00:02.0-1, assigned address 4
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4