Re: Acer Travelmate 290 & Standby/Suspend to disk ?

Sebastian Bleikamp a écrit :

Hello,

my name is Sebastian and I am new to this list. Since yesterday I am the proud owner of a Acer Travelmate 291LCi-M10. I installed Debian on it, and although I had informed myself prior at tuxmobile.org, I was surprised that nearly everything worked right out of the box.

I had to install several "external" modules by myself, namely ndiswrapper (for Intel 2100 W-Lan) and sl-modem (for build in software modem).
, but even that worked without any problems.

The only things that didn´ t work out of the box are the accelerated ati drivers for the Ati Mobility 9600 M10 (RV350) and the standby/suspend/hibernate modes. And thats why I´m writing in here now.

I tried most drivers on the web, namely the ati/radeon drivers shipped with the debian XFree86 4.3.0 packages, the ones from the ATI Homepage (fglx or s.th. like that) and the DRI development drivers. Each of them worked, but none of them made the 3d acceleration work. (I did this on several desktop PCs alredy, so I know the procedure.) Tuxracer and glxgears run at the same fps. But therefore (if using non-std. drivers) the tv-out and crt-out didn´ t work anymore, or the test mode console stopped working.

And the suspend states don´t work although, even the normal ones (S1) don´ t do. The laptop enters sleep mode, but isn´ t able to resume. It stops after the framebuffer message in the reactivation process and hangs. hibernation even didn´ t start.

Btw, did I mention I tried both kernels 2.6 and 2.4 ? Well, since 2.6 works better with anything else, I will stick to that.

Well, I hope anyone reads this and can help me. Any help or comment is very welcome.

With best regards,
Sebastian

Hello,

I'll just try to you about ati problem.
I had a similar problem, and solved it by :
1 - adding the AGP module specific to my computer.
   lspci | grep -i agp
On my computer it prints '00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 04)'
  Then use modconf to insert the corresponding module (intel_agp for me)
  You now will have agpgart and the specific module shown by lsmod.
2 - You will have to un/reload the radeon module for it use the agp module
3 - Restart X, and it should be OK

HTH.

Regards,
--