Dual-headed X problems

Hi,

    I just upgraded my Debian 'testing' system (Dell Inspiron 5100), and
    my X Dual Head configuration now is working oddly:

    When I have my USB mouse/kbd and Second VGA plugged in, it comes up
    correctly (both monitors running), but if I disconnect either the
    USB mouse/kbd or the external VGA (or both), X crashes on startup:

        Fatal server error:
        Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

    Here are the warning I get:

        (WW) The directory "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic" does not exist.
        (WW) The directory "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/mgc" does not exist.
        (WW) The directory "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID" does not exist.
        (WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such device)
        (WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
        (WW) RADEON(1): Only one monitor detected, Second screen will NOT be
        created
        (WW) RADEON(0): Direct Rendering Disabled -- Dual-head configuration is
        not working with DRI at present.

    I believe that none of these are new warnings (and all but the 'one
    monitor' warning occur during dual-head operation.)

    Kernel: 2.4.24

    This all worked fine prior to my latest dselect upgrade, any ideas
    would be appreciated.

Regards,
Eric

--
Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you.  -- Pericles (430 BC)

Eric Peterson
Eric.R.Peterson@verizon.net