Re: Debian Install CD doesn't recognize my hard drive

Curt Howland wrote:
I recommend you try Knoppix to see what it says about your harddrive. It has excellent hardware detection, and will install on almost anything x86 compatible.

Worth a try - but having just tried morphix (which I understand is derived from knoppix) on an Inspiron 2500, I wouldn't count on it finding all your hardware. Darn thing dies doing scsi detection, on a system without scsi. It seems to do the scsi detection way too early...