Wireless driver clobbers X (was: Re: your mail)

Incoming from Ryoji Takahashi:
> after i've got wireless driver for my latitude D600,it became unstable ...
> and now
> X is dead ... i've downloaded intel driver ... it works for my laptop
> though.  Why
> it affects X environment ?  does some has any idea?

Why do you think it's caused by the wireless driver?  Do you have
errors in /var/log/XFree86.0.log that you're not showing us?  Also,
please give us enough information about your situation to try to track
it down: stable, testing, unstable?  What happens when you try to fire
up X?  Is this while using kdm, gdm, or xdm?  Have you tried disabling
those and just trying startx?

- -