Re: Installation instructions for Laptop

I had the same sort of setup on my thinkpad.  I used partition magic to
shrink the current partition that has WIN xP installed down first, then
I installed linux.  If you're not good with linux (n00b), then RedHat
Fedora is probably the best for you.  Also, gentoo is nice for laptops,
but it can require a bit more linux skill.

You can checkout the redhat doc project for more info on installing
fedora, whilst still keeping you win xp partition.

Hope this helps,

Algatto.