Re: how to get the volume keys working on a Dell Latitude

Have you try the package i8kutils ?

Jaap Haitsma wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to attach the Fn-VolumeUp and Fn-VolumeDown of my Dell laptop to the volume up and volume down action in acme. The problem is that my Debian set up does not get an event when Fn combined with another key is pressed. I.e. if I launch showkey -s in a console no key codes are shown when I press Fn + volumeup or volumedown.

It should be possible to get this keyevents because if I run the Gnoppix live CD showkey -s shows the key codes for the Fn combinations

So my obvious question how do I get this working in Debian??

Jaap