I810 driver on Debian testing laptop

Hello all--

I have installed Debian testing on my Dell Inspiron 300m. It has an Intel
852 graphics chip that has used the i810 driver in other Linux distros. In
Debian, I cannot start the X server. I get this error out of the XFree86 log
(the whole thing is attached):

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 00:02:0
(--) Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(WW) I810: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Now, I know this has been discussed in various places before, but I cannot
find a solution that works for me. I have battled this for a few hours
straight now, I have searched on Google extensively, and I cannot find a
solution.

This is a dual-head graphics chip, the attached LCD is one head and the VGA
out port is the other. This has never been an issue in most other distros
I've tried, and none of them have needed any special configuration. This,
for example, is from my XF86Config when I installed Fedora Core 1:

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "i810"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "Intel 852"
EndSection

A similar Debian config has caused problems:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics
Device"
	Driver	"i810"
	VendorName  "Intel Corp."
	BoardName   "Intel 852"
EndSection

I did find that the agpgart and i830 are not loading, but I suspect it was
because the X server wasn't getting far enough to do so. I added them to
/etc/modules nonetheless, and it had no effect. I am at my wits' end here: I
would appreciate any help anyone can offer!

Andrew Barr
barr.156@osu.edu