2.6: suspend could work, but it wakes up immediately

Using 2.6.4-1-k7 on Sid with ACPI and powernow and noflushd on a NEC laptop.

1) STANDBY
# echo -n standby > /sys/power/state
==> goes into standby, but wakes up immediately.

2) SUSPEND TO RAM
# echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
==> it suspends to RAM
I have then to press the power button to wake-up, but this starts the power off
procedure due to acpid.

3) SUSPEND TO DISK
# echo -n disk > /sys/power/state
==> it suspends to disk successfully, BUT it does not power off, and wakes up
immediately too, like with standby.

The result of all this is that nothing works correctly.
Suspend to disk could be easily corrected by modifying the acpid button event
script, but how can I make the two other power states work ?

regards
Christophe Combelles