Latitude D600 ACPI status report

System: Dell Latitude D600 (with the 1400x1050 display), with debian
        testing installed from Knoppix 3.3, and the debian 2.6.3
        installed

I've also installed the acpi and acpid packages.  The acpid package
loads the acpi modules in the 2.6.3 kernel on boot.

Using the acpi command line tool on my Dell Latitude D600, I can query
about battery and temperature.  The battery indicator in KDE works
fine, and the power button does a controlled shutdown, even to the
extent of preserving session information in KDE.

No configuration done beyond apt-get'ing the kernel, and the acpi and
acpid packages, except some editing to lilo.conf.

What doesn't yet work, but I would really like to get to work, is
hibernate to happen when closing the lid on the laptop, and resume to
happen when opening the lid again.

Does anyone know if this is possible to achive with the debian 2.6.3
kernel?  Or do I have to roll my own with swsup?

Thanx!

- Steinar