Re: Packages being held back

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:19:14PM -0800, Jeff wrote:
> My laptop is testing/unstable and lately when I do an update in
> aptitude, all the upgradeable packages come up as being help back.  I
> can manually set each package to install and they do get installed.
> Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me?

You can also press "U" (capital U) to upgrade all upgradeable packages.
There's been a change in the default settings in the new version of
aptitude.  It was mentioned on the debian-user list.
If you prefer the old behavior, you can add this line to
/etc/apt/apt.conf:
Aptitude::Auto-Upgrade "true";

--
Incrsease your earoning poswer and gaerner profwessional resspect.
Get the Un1iversity Dewgree you have already earned.