Re: compile 2.6.2 for laptop

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:20:14AM -0500, Wes Reneau wrote:
> Jan T. Kim wrote:
> >The pcmcia-cs kernel modules are not compatible with 2.6, i.e. they
> >cannot be built in conjunction with the 2.6.2 kernel sources. However,
> >the package is still needed, it provides the cardctl program and the
> >/etc/pcmcia directory.

> So what am I to do?  Being the package isnt compatable with the new
> kernel how do I make it work or do I?

The cardctl program and the stuff in /etc/pcmcia work with the modules
which are provided in the kernel 2.6.x source tree. It's just that the
kernel modules provided by the pcmcia-cs package don't work with the
2.6.x kernels, the cardctl program and its associated config files do
work.

You'll have to make sure that the modules are configured in the kernel
source, and you may have to add some stuff to /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts
(or some other file in the /etc/pcmcia directory).

Greetinx, Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: kim@inb.uni-luebeck.de                          |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/staff/kim.html    |