Re: Problems with apm at custom kernel on Inspiron 7500

Kai Klesatschke wrote:

thx for responding that quickly. ACPI is not set, because the Bios ist
to old. If I set ACPI it says "Bios older than 2000, ACPI disabled" or
something like this. Therefor I didn't set up ACPI the last times I
builded my kernels.

Have you tried checking Dell for a newer BIOS? They were putting out new BIOSes for mine for well over a year after I bought it - and they stopped selling the 2500 shortly after I got it, so you may still be able to get something newer than 2000.

The Problem with the Dell extension is that they are for Inspiron 8x but
I set them.

Yeah, it won't hurt - probably won't help either :-(