PCMCIA problem: system does not recognize card

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate your help with the following problem:

My laptop is an Acer TravelMate 529ATXV, running debian/sarge - kernel 2.6.3.

I'm trying to install a NETGEAR WG511 802.11.a/b/g PCMCIA card. But it seems, that cardmgr does not even recognize the physical installation of the card! (I've already compiled the driver from madwifi and installed the kernelmodules...)

Only cardctl shows:

Socket 1:
  3.3V CardBus card
  function 0: [ready]

cardinfo shows: CD/VCC/VPP on, WP off, IRQ b

But there are absolut no entries in the daemon.log from the cardmgr process.

I've tried another PCMCIA-card (orinoco silver) without problems, so pcmcia/cardmgr seem to are ok.

Has anyone some tips for me, how to troubleshot this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Breithaupt