ACPI problem: replacing dsdt broken table with kernel 2.6.3

Hello everybody,
I am trying to have acpi successfully running on my laptop with kernel
2.6.3. I have followed all the steps described in
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/HowToOverrideTable
 but at the end, when I should patch the kernel sources with the
osl.diff that I have copied from that page, I get the following error:

murena:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.3# patch -p1 -i
/root/tmp/acpi/osl.diff patching file drivers/acpi/osl.cpatch: ****
malformed patch at line 21: }

I also haven't understood if with the sources of 2.6.3 obtained from the
debian package (in sid) kernel-source-2.6.3 the patch
acpi-20040211-2.6.3.diff is necessary.

Any suggestion?

Bye,
              Riccardo
--

"Everyone is encouraged to help development of Debian
 and to spread the word of free software"