Re: XFree86 and NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Jamie,

In the README.debian, it states:

"SUPPORT FOR 2.6 KERNELS:
------------------------
As of 1.0.5336-1, NVIDIA includes support for a 2.6 kernel. No extra
steps are required."

I have a Vaio PCG-GRT170 (no longer their absolute top of the line, but
darned close!) with an nVidia card in it. Under 2.4.24, it's working
fine. When I loaded 2.6.3, I recompiled the nVidia module from source.
The nVidia splash screen comes up, for maybe .1 seconds, then it
crashes back to the command line.

I noticed that Xwin is now giving me these errors also:

(EE) Failed to load module "GLcore" (module does not exist, 0)

Symbol __glXActiveScreens from
module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXActiveScreens from
module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!

Any idea where GLcore went?

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001