Re: Modem configuration on an Acer Aspire 1350

Incoming from Thelonius Kort:

> I don't get my internal modem working on my notebook. Under windows it works
> on COM3. Under Debian 3.0 kppp only yields "modem busy".

Windows' COM3 == /dev/ttyS2

> Has anybody any ideas? Is there a driver needed which provides a tty-port
> for the internal modem (which is i think a pci-card device)?

Try "lspci -vv" then google (groups.google.com) for "linmodem" and
"winmodem".  The lspci output compared against what google's returns
say about it should tell you whether what you've got will work or not
and where to go from here.

- -