Re: Lucent winmodem support for 2.6.1 kernel

* Lukasz Wiechec <lwiechec2@space.pl> [2004 Feb 16 07:23 -0600]:
> Dear All,
>
> after switching into 2.6.1 kernel, I have problems with finding kernel
> module driver for my Compaq M700 laptop. I tried www.linmodems.org and
> following links to www.heby.de/ltmodem, but the sources there seem to
> support up to 2.5 version only.
>
> Has anyone know of any newer drivers hanging around?

Hi.

A Google search got me this link to a mini-howto for moving from 2.4.24
to 2.6.x:

http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/2.6-install.txt

It shows a 2.6.x ltmodem package at:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/kernel-2.6/

I haven't had a chance to try any of this on my Thinkpad 390E which has
a Lucent modem that works very well under 2.4.x and the ltmodem
package.

- Nate >>

 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | free since January 1998.
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           |  "Debian, the choice of
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  |     a GNU generation!"
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |   http://www.debian.org