Re: Cisco 350 with WEP

Gokul Poduval wrote:

Hello,
 I am running Debian unstable, and was wondering if anybody has managed to get WEP working with Cisco 350 card.
 My settings are as follows

I have the same card (almost) and it work well

Device info:
/proc/drivers/aironet/eth1/Status:
Driver Version: airo.c 0.6 (Ben Reed & Javier Achirica)

Device: 350 Series
Manufacturer: Cisco Systems
Firmware Version: 4.25.10
Radio type: 2
Country: 0
Hardware Version: 22
Software Version: 425
Software Subversion: a
Boot block version: 150

Have you tried to set it up manually (by using directly iwconfig):
iwconfig eth1 essid your_essid key your_key

Also, are you able to see you AP with iwlist eth1 scanning ??

Yannick :)

/etc/network/interfaces contains the following
iface eth1 inet static
       address -some address-
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       network -some network-
       gateway -the gateway
       broadcast -broadcast-
       wireless-essid SSID
       wireless-key key

On inserting the card, airo and airo_cs modules are sucessfully loaded. I get the following from my /proc/drivers/aironet/eth1/Status

Mode: 380
Signal Strength: 93
Signal Quality: 15
SSID: -------
AP:
Freq: 0
BitRate: 11mbs
Driver Version: airo.c 0.6 (Ben Reed & Javier Achirica)
Device: 350 Series
Manufacturer: Cisco Systems
Firmware Version: 5.02.19
Radio type: 2
Country: 1
Hardware Version: 22
Software Version: 502
Software Subversion: 13
Boot block version: 150

The card seems to be getting intialized properly, however I cannot ping the gateway or any other machine. Has anybody managed to get a similar setup working ?

Yours Sincerely,
Gokul Poduval
http://pod.homelinux.net