Re: VPN and wireless network

On Sunday 08 February 2004 11:53 pm, debian@ausipos.com wrote:
> I am running a wireless network between 2 laptops. one of the laptops
> acts as a router. mainly for my own peace of mind I would like to
> secure the wireless connection a little more than just encryption and
> have been thinking about VPN's.

Running a VPN over wireless connections is considered one of the best ways
to secure them. You are definitely on the right track.

There are several VPN programs for Linux - probably the most popular
(though perhaps not the easiest to install) is FreeS/WAN. Other options
include OpenVPN, Vtun, and Vpnd.

Take a look and see which one best meets your needs.

Adam