Re: buy new laptop

On 06.02.2004 09:41 Johannes Zarl wrote:
On Thursday 05 February 2004 23:27, Micha Feigin wrote:
<snip/>
Try acme for the multimedia buttons. It got the buttons on my sony vaio
to work when everything else failed (you will need to configure it to
do what you want with them though if it works).
This unfortunately won't for me. These buttons don't generate keycodes, they have to be read out of the bios, AFAIK. There are some projects dealing with acer-multimedia-buttons(acertm and acerhk), but they don't support the tm8xx-series.

Here everything works fine with acme and the hotkeys for the sound on a Acer Travelmate 803LmiB. I don't know what I configured some months ago, but those three hotkeys (raise sound, lower sound, disable sound) can be accessed on this Notebook with Linux and the acme tool.

Maybe I find out if I had to configure something for that.

Martin