SOLVED (was: Re: Getting rid of the penguin)

On 1/27/2004 9:52 AM, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:22:35AM -0500, Randy W. Sims wrote:

I've installed Debian 3r1 on my Toshiba Satellite 2655XDVD laptop. When booting there is a picture of tux in upper left corner that remains throughout the boot and login. 'clear' makes it go away. But, linux is confused about the size of the screen; If I pull up a manpage, it displays fine until I page forward when about the top 5 lines remain at the top of the screen, and things get worse when I page backwards.

How can I correct this?

Go to the second virtual terminal with Alt-F2.

Or issue command
  resize
to get the correct screen size to system.

Thanks, this fixed it. At least for some video modes, I'll have to experiment more with the vga= line in lilo.conf.

Regards,
Randy.