Samsung T10 - Graphics card query...

Hi Guys

I can get Debian 3.0 r2 installed on my Samsung T10 no problem. The only
problem is, is that I have to use the VESA drivers and they don't give
options for 1400 x 1050 screen resolution, the nearest is 1280 x 1024.
GNome works fine (KDE hangs and gos back to the log in??) but obviously
the graphics quality is far from optimised.

So, has any one got a similar setup to mine, had the same problems and
sorted them?

The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

Thanks
Steve