Re: Kernel Source - Broadcom BCM4400x

Eric Heldreth wrote:
I have recently switched from RH to Debian on my
Inspiron 5100. I need the kernel source so I can build
my network drivers. I downloaded the kernel source and
header .deb files for the kernel that came with debian
from ftp.debian.org at a friends house and put them on

The module for the broadcom BCM4400 is included directly in the kernel since 2.4.22. You have it directly if you install the .deb of the kernel 2.4.23. (The module in 2.4.22 has an annoying bug.)

The module name is b44.

Yannick ;-)