Re: 'whereami'-package in debian, testing/unstable

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 23:39, Olaf Krische wrote:
> I have problems to install 'whereami' in testing/unstable
> When it comes to the configuring process of the package, the process
> just exits with status 10.
>
> $ apt-get install whereami
> Setting up whereami (0.3.1) ...
> dpkg: error processing whereami (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
>  whereami
>

> Can someone help me to find out, whats going wrong? I have no
> idea how to debug the postinst-script, which is in a deb package. :-|

Hi,

Can you add:

set -o xtrace

to the beginning of /var/lib/dpkg/info/whereami.postinst, and then do a
"dpkg --configure --pending" to get it to run with all the debugging on.

If you can send me the output from that it should help me to identify
the problem.

If this doesn't work, contact with me off-list and I will send you a new
one with debugging on.

At 0.3.0 (not released) I removed support for the older (pre 0.1.0)
shell script process and it is possible you are being bitten by that.

I have a 0.3.2 in the wings, so it would be good to get this fix into
that too.

Regards,
					Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053,  Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/             PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201       MOB: +64(21)635-694      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
              Survey for nothing with http://survey.net.nz/