Re: I8K PCMCIA Problem

Am 18.12.03 22:09:18, schrieb "s. keeling" <keeling@spots.ab.ca>:

>> Well under /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/scsi
>> exist and is full of drivers, only the "aha152x_cs.o"
>> (is not "aha152x") dont exist in there.
>>
>> I compile and install pcmcia-cs-3.2.5.tar.gz but the
>> "aha152x_cs.o" dont appear, why, are you able to help
>
>Is yours a stock kernel?  If so, what does:

Please explain stock kernel!

>grep -i aha154 /boot/config-${YOUR_KERNEL_VERSION}
>
>say?
>
>What does "lsmod" say?
>
>My config says:
>
>CONFIG_SCSI_AHA1542=m

So my output as well.

>and I only asked for "sg" (SCSI Generic) support
>(for my CD-R(W)).

Anyway I mess up my debian 3.0.1 installation.
I compile a new kernel and modules and install
them. I found out with "make menuconfig" that
the scsi/pcmcia support is not enabled but I dont
use the current config --> I did not "make cloneconfig"
as like in SuSE to use the current config. So I
I dont know if scsi/pcmcis support whas enabled.
I guess I have to install debian again unless you
can tell me a better way.

Anyway I would like to know how do I do under
debian "make cloneconfig" --> is it the same
command under debian or a diffrent command?

Frendly regards and thank you very much for your
help in advance

C. Bahr