Re: Wireless speed

For the building in question, we're talking:

7 to 8 PCs (Win flavors).
1 server (Debian Linux)

Off another card of the server, will be a wired 12-16 Win machine network,
probably on a different subnet.  There may at some point, also be a DSL
link, on a third server card.

The longest distance to the wireless hub, should probably be about 100
feet, through walls and floors.
However, if the signal quality is bad, we can maybe place a second hub on
the second floor, depending upon ultimate topology.

I do not know enough about the 802.11 spec currently, to be sure of how
this should all function--I need to find some introductory docs on the
protocol, topologies, and so on, I suppose.  This is ecentially a
volinteer job, which is why they have me, coming into this from a
totally wired background--this will be a real-world learning experience.

Thanks

Luke