Re: New Dell Inspiron 1100, video problems

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as you do, even though I have the
Inspiron 500m (bought in Germany). Same graphics chip, though. The
problem is that Dell just doesn't provide the needed Video BIOS
update.

Intel describes the needed update here:
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/linux/graphics.htm#6

I'm currently working very hard on the Dell support (I had to get
really angry until the guy accepted that I really do have a clue and
know what I'm talking about). I want to know who's responsible for
BIOS upgrades and pressure them into providing an update. I haven't
had any success whatsoever yet, though, but I'll let you know as soon
as I get new information. They just keep insisting they don't support
Linux and stuff. I hope I can put some pressure on them, though.

Best regards,
	Magnus