Re: ATI M9 DRM issues,

If I were in your shoes, i'd try copimliy agpgart as a module and then you can
modprobe with the agp_try_unsupported=1 paramater.  I've never had good luck
getting the framebuffer working correctly, so I compile w/o fb support. Also,
I do remember running into a bug that if I booted into a higher-than-basic
resoultion  (vga=XXX @ the lilo prompt), I could never get X to start. It
always seemed like it could switch modes properly.
			--jordan