Re: ASUS L3800CE

David Fokkema wrote:

Hello David et. al,

Anyone who is considering purchasing a "hi-end" laptop should consider the features on the Prostart, It has everything, including DVD RW, USB2.0, a built-in removable MP3 player(smartdisk storage), sony memory stick support, BT878 for video in and out, etc, etc. I have not gotten everything working
under Debian, but, that is more due to too many other projects.....

Physically, the machine is an inch or so thick, and heavier than most portables, but, if you want every widget available, this is the one. Also when I ordered the machine, even though I hate Microsoft, it was nice that they shipped a COMPLETE windows 2k_PRO, as the default installation, instead of one of those partial_birth_abortion CDs that is useless for a variety of installation problems and customization needs, when your clients require to work with MS. I also suspect that the BIOS, in not one of those REDMOND corrupted varieties, although, I do not have direct proof of that, yet.

http://www.amazinglaptops.com/prostar-8814specs.htm

James

Hi group,

After much thinking, I decided to buy a new laptop. From the respones to
my question about ATI cards I gathered that I really should buy a laptop
with a Radeon card. I am thinking about buying the ASUS L3800CE with the
ATI Radeon Mobility 7500. I looked through linux-laptop.net and the
debian-laptop archives. Looks good...

Does anyone have anything to say before I buy it?

Thanks,

David