Re: Mozilla fonts

Unfortunately, I have never seen that behavior on mozilla by switching
on the fonts in the file.  I also copied over TT fonts from a windows
install and used a downloaded mozilla. I reread over a few of the
websites which include hacking mozilla files to get better font support
and I did not see any additional references to the problem.  One other
thing you could do is find an XFT enabled mozilla package.  As an
example, I recently found a Mozilla-Firebird XFT enabled tarball which I
downloaded.  It was built on debian unstable so it works very well and
finds all the fonts correctly.

Have you checked out Mozilla-Firebird?  Its available as a debian
package as well.

Yeah, i guess i'll have to go with Firebird for now [i had installed firebird from deb unstable too and the fonts work very well]. the thing i liked about Moz that it gave you more control on tabs (open last visited etc). Firebird doesn't have this feature. But i can live with that....

cheers

-keith

Sorry I don't have a good answer on the font issue with the downloaded
Mozilla.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org