DHCP client from ISC blocks Konqueror

hello all,
I have installed the dhcp3-client package on my Sony Vaio PCG-FX802 and
noticed that after running at home dhclient (ISC DHCP client) if I start
Konqueror (using kde 3.1.1) it refuses to run and returns an error:
cannot connect to localhost
Note that I do not have a dhcp server at home and hence dhclient enters
"sleeping" after no ethernet configuration. I checked out the
/etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf files with my fixed addresses
and found them untouched.
If I reboot and don't run dhclient then Konqueror is fine. What is wrong ?
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.