Re: Network Problem

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:16:30 +0200
Emmanuel Di Pretoro <edipreto@skynet.be> wrote:

> > that's the cable itself, a straight-through and a crossover cable
> > only differ in their wiring at the ends.  Compare the two ends, if
> > the order of the 8 colored wires inside match, it's
> > straight-through. Whatis.com can show you the wiring pattern, and
> > some common color orderings.
>
> OK, the order of the 8 wires doesn't match, so, it is a cross-over
> cable.
> Maybe, is it the network card ? Anybody can tell me how I can test it
> ?

you didn't tell anything about an error message. why are you assuming
it's the cable/card that's broken ?

just a thought : do you have an ftp server running an inetd configured
to allow the connection from your laptop ?

anyway, I would recommend using rsync top back up your laptop.

contact me if you need the script (will be soon on my homepage).

Joel