Re: Tap-to click comes back after waking from sleep

Am Mon, 2003-04-21 um 01.17 schrieb Brian Kendig:
> I have a Dell Latitude D266XT running Debian (unstable) and the 2.4.20
> kernel.  I turned off the annoying hardware touchpad tap-to-click by
> using 'tpconfig'... but, after the laptop goes to sleep and I wake it
> up, tap-to-click is back!
>
> I've used 'dpkg-reconfigure tpconfig' to try the 'Reset the touchpad
> when booting' setting at 'Yes' and 'No' and neither one has any effect
> on the problem.
>
> How do I get tpconfig to still have tap-to-click turned off after
> waking from sleep?

I don't know a solution for that problem but i can offer a workaround:

Just place a script which disables tap-to-click in /etc/apm/resume.d
and it will be automagical deactivated upon resume.

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice