Re: Network problem

> Also, be sure that your routing table entries match whatever reality
> is. Use the 'netstat -r' command to check. If you are not sure, post
> the output from both machines, and tell us exactly what you have (i.e
> is it a cable from laptop to desktop and that is all, or do you have a
> cable/DSL modem somewhere with a hub?).

It's a direct connection between my computers. I want to create a FTP
connection between my computers in order to backup my laptop.

On my laptop, netstat -r give me :

Destination     Passerelle      Genmask         Indic   MSS Fenêtre irtt
Iface
localnet        *               255.255.255.0   U        40 0          0
eth0
localnet        *               255.255.255.0   U        40 0          0
eth1

On my desktop, it give me :

Destination     Passerelle      Genmask         Indic   MSS Fenêtre irtt
Iface
192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U        40 0          0
eth0

Thanks in advance,

Manu