From: "Michael Satterwhite" <michael@weblore.com>
To: <debian-laptop@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 7:17 AM
Subject: Old laptop

I've setup an old Dell laptop with Debian and have a couple of questions:

(1) I know I gave it my maximum screen resolution in the install, but it
seems
to be sizing the screen as if there's more real estate than it actually has.
(e.g. my screen is max 800x600, it looks like it's trying to send data to
1024x762 - everyting is spilling over the edges). I don't see the place to
change that.

(2) If I don't want to start in the graphical environment, where do I set
that?

Appreciate all help
---Michael

--