Re: can't restore from suspend

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 03:25:20PM +0200, Ivar Alm wrote:
> First try to find out WHY the machine suspends. If you find that out, then
> you can start to explore why the machine doesn't restore/wake up.

The only thing I've been able to figure out is the computer freezes when
it tries to enter S3. If the screen is already off (screen saver) then it
freezes there.

According to http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html
this is Suspend to RAM and is not well supported. I would like to turn off
all of the sleep states in:
	/proc/acpi/sleep
(i.e. not allow any sleep states to be entered)

Is there a way to do this? I can't find it in the documentation for ACPI.

thanks!

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin