Re: wireless.opts

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:35:46PM +1000, ben wrote:
> Is there some trick to enabling wireless.opts in debian?
>
> I have edited the file to meet the configuration of my network and deleted
> the four lines following this one:
> # NOTE : Remove the following four lines to activate the samples below ...
>
> nothing seems to happen however!
>
> I can manually set my configuration and at this stage have a little script
> that does this for me, but would prefer to use wireless.opts to do it for
> me.
>
> Is there anything else I should be doing?

Yeah. leave wireless.opts as the default distributed file, and use a stanza
in /etc/network/interfaces. see /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wireless-tools for
a view of how the options are set by ifupdown.

Mike.
--
Mike Beattie <mike@ethernal.org>                      ZL4TXK, IRLP Node 6184

    "Why Not? I'm drunk right now."    -- Anthony Towns when asked about
       naming the next Debian release after the winner of an auction.