Re: rc.d type script?

Hello Ben and All!

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Ben wrote:

> as a recent convert from redhat, I was wondering if there is any similar location that I can put commands that I wish to be executed last?
> ie. a script that sets my wireless configuration, hdparm settings etc...

Have a look at section 10.5 at:
http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-customizing.en.html

In short, just put the real scripts under /etc/init.d and symbolic links
to them in either /etc/rcS.d or /etc/rc2.d/ (or whatever).

You can of course put any scripts under /etc/init.d, they don't have to be
smart and understand start|stop|restart...

As a side comment, wouldn't you want hdparm to run as _early_ as possible?

Have a nice day,
    Mikael J.
    http://www.helsinki.fi/~mpjohans/