Re: Compaq Evo N400C

I am biased -- I do work for HP.  Nonetheless, mine seems to
work okay. I've been running Debian sid for some time without
any sort of grief.  Even though it is a winmodem, there is a
Lucent binary-only driver that works.  The only hazard may be
the wireless module (a W200 -- it sits on the back of the LCD
panel); the older versions (W100) work with the linux-wlan-ng
drivers, but the newer ones don't seem to and I still haven't
been able to find out why.

This message is being sent from my n400c, even.  Note that the
n410c is a different beast; it has a touch pad instead of three
buttons and a dimple.

HTH...

Juraj Orszagh wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about buying notebook Compaq Evo N400C. I would be grateful if
somebody could give me some advice about this notebook.

-If there are any problems with running and             installing Debian,
with drivers, etc.

-Or just some personal experience with this laptop (like reliability,
quality, etc.)

Thanks very much

Juraj Orszagh

--