Re: Hot swapping CD-rom and LS-120 on Versa SX

Hi alberto,

> I have a Versa SX, very nice working indeed, but so far I have had to
> reboot in order to swap CD-rom and LS-120. Which isn't quite an
> achievement!...
>
> I also have a  secondary battery which I am oftem swapping on the Bay
> (Versabay III).
>
> How can I hot-swap the two devices?

try hotswap:

apt-get install hotswap

>   append="hdc=ide-floppy"
>   append="hdc=ide-cd"
>
> in the lilo.conf, but I guess I cannot put both lines, can I?

I guess you could define two different lilo entries like so:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        root=/dev/hda3
        label=linux
        read-only
        append="hdc=ide-floppy"
image=/boot/vmlinuz-alt
	root=/dev/hda3
	label=linux-alt
	read-only
	append="hdc=ide-cd"

where vmlinuz and vmlinuz-alt are both symlinks to the same kernel image, but
are loaded with different append parameters.

Regards,
  Frank
 Frank Trenkamp                            ftrenkam at uos.de
 PGP fprt: 5A0C 4AE9 74A5 51F0 2D34  E7DC 67FF 32C4 0357 5653