Minor SID insalation problems

I want thanks everybody who helped me bring Debian on my laptop.
Debian is exactly what I was looking for. I'm runing SID distribution
and it run really well.

For installation I mounted CD images via loop from my USB
drive. Only problem is that standard kernel have limit for loop devices
set to 8 and SID distribution is 11 CDs. Is't here an easy way to increase
this limit on loop devices?

Where is it my favorit text editor GVIM?

Sometimes when I was installing via dselect, dpkg resolved same
files in more packages (e.g. gnome-themes & metacity). I resolved
this problem by hand installing package with 'dpkg --force-overwrite'.
Is't here a better way?

TNX

Pavel