Re: Trying to sort out CD-R/DVD behavior on Debian Thinkpad

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003, Mitchell Gil Maltenfort wrote:

[...]

> The other thing I'm trying to sort out is how to do CD writing for
> backups. I've inserted ide-scsi in my /etc/modules, and installed
> mondo (testing it now) and multicd. If I run cdrecord dev=ATAPI
> -scanbus, it seems to recognize it, but warns I may have headaches.
> Again, advice welcome...

The most successful method I have found so far is to use the native
ATAPI support in recent versions of cdrecord. Make sure you *don't* have
ide-scsi loaded, just ide-cd.

Then specify:
] cdrecord dev=/dev/dvd speed=16 ... foo.iso

That should warn that "open by devname is unintentional", but work
perfectly. Er, at least, that does for me. :)

           Daniel

--
Coding is easy: All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops of
blood form on your forehead.